Then came the interruptions of the pandemic.
Mike and Robbi Haynes serve as FLF Field Service Directors. “We were all set to go last March when everything was shut down. We rescheduled for November, but that was put off as well,” said Mike, who is also director of missions for Greene County Baptist Association in southwest Missouri.
“Robbi and I love the people of Moldova. They have an amazing heart for the Lord and for His Kingdom. They have a great vision to reach their nation for Christ.”
While Moldova is the smallest and poorest country of the former Soviet Union satellites, believers there are engaged in a variety of ministries to their country and region:
- Training Christian students from throughout Eastern Europe and Central Asia in a variety of leadership, mission and ministry areas at Grace University, a Baptist college
- Providing a medical clinic
- Supporting a Foster Adoptive Program that built several large homes where couples or families live and keep foster children while raising much of their own food on the property.
- Supporting church plants and ongoing pastor needs.
Mike and Robbi Haynes — and Future Leadership Foundation — have continued to support Baptists there.
“We are in regular contact with Pastor Ion Miron, our main contact and one of the primary leaders of the Baptist Union of Moldova,” Mike states. “He and his wife Valentina (pictured right with their family) have become dear friends.”
Haynes’ association recently sent $1,000 to the Baptist Union for pastor support during COVID. Pastor Ion gave that money to a pastor who has been in the hospital with COVID.
Robbi was formerly a part of The Missouri Baptist Children’s Home that has provided children’s ministry training they hope will be an ongoing effort. There is a desire that Sports Crusaders, an evangelistic sports ministry will plan future trips.
Future Leadership Foundation is also financially supporting the Foster Adoptive Program and family ministry training for pastors in 2021.
While FLF’s partnership with Moldova cannot be in person for now, we look forward to scheduling trips soon. As Mike Haynes promises, “Robbi and I will definitely return and try to take some people with us to train pastors and leaders.”
How can you continue to pray for the Christians of Moldova?
- Remember the ongoing ministries in Moldova that benefit students, children and medical needs
- Pray that the limited resources of the country will not endanger these ministries.
- Ask for wisdom for Future Leadership Foundation in planning for future trips.